Local Rules (inc. Temporary Local Rules)
To be read in conjunction with the Rules of Golf &
GV Rules on the back of the scorecard
UPDATED – 05/02/2021
1. OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 27-1)
All ground outside the boundary fence and those areas the margins of which are defined by white stakes with black tops.
2. MOVEABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (24-1)
The following items are defined as moveable obstructions and relief, without penalty, may be taken:
- Stones in bunkers
- Stakes in front of greens
3. IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (Rule 24-2)
The following items are defined as immovable obstructions and relief, without penalty, may be taken:
- All fixed sprinkler heads, tap covers and hoses. Appendix 1, Pan 4a of the Rules of Golf also applies for obstructions close to the putting green.
- Sand bins
- Stakes & Guards (excluding 00B stakes)
4. STAKED TREES
If a staked tree or a tree less than two club lengths in height interferes with a player's stance or the area of his or her intended swing, the ball
must be lifted and dropped in accordance with the procedure prescribed in Rule 24-2b.
5. GROUND UNDER REPAIR (Rule 25)
The following areas are deemed GUR and relief may be taken
in accordance with Rule 25-1 (b):
- Wheel marks made by a mower, tractor or motor vehicle (except in a hazard)
- Sunken areas of course drainage on closely mown areas
- All new course works (inc. tree stumps) & areas marked by white stakes
- Trees surrounded by mulch on 13th hole.
The following areas are deemed GUR from which play is prohibited and relief must be taken in accordance with Rule 25-1 (b):
- All garden beds (Note: Mounds planted with tussock prasses are
NOT gardens unless marked with GUR)
The area of tussock grass surrounding the tree between and 5th and15th greens is classified as a garden bed.
If a ball finishes in that area, the player is entitled to free relief as per the Rules of Golf— nearest point of relief no nearer the
6. RELIEF FROM ABNORMAL COURSE CONDITIONS
The sprayed areas in the middle of the fairways and along the fairway edges have not recovered as expected - it would appear that they will take quite some
time into the future to recover fully.
As a consequence, free relief will be allowed from sprayed areas in the middle of fairways and along the edges of fairways.
This will come under the rule for "Abnormal Course Conditions" and will apply from the start of play on 14th November 2019.
7. 18th HOLE - PATHWAY AND CARPARK
A ball coming to rest on the pathway (including carpark) behind the 18th Green must be dropped, without penalty, within the designated drop zone.
8. BALL ACCIDENTALLY MOVED ON GREEN
(This Local Rule applies only when the players ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental.)
Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1 are modified as follows:
When a player's ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or
any of their caddies or equipment.
The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1.
Note: If it is determined that a player's ball on the putting green was moved as a result of wind, water or some other natural cause such as the effects of
gravity, the ball must be played as it lies from its new location. A ball-marker moved in such circumstances is replaced.
COVID 19 TEMPORARY LOCAL RULES
Preferred lies may be taken in the bunkers no nearer the hole within one club length
Flagsticks are not to be removed and noodles have been reinstalled.
Cards are not to be swapped
Director of Golf (Acting)
05 February 2021